Saturday, November 11, 2006

Family fun night


Last night was a good night. Our daughter Crysta had an idea and asked for the evening to be a night of family fun together. We agreed. We had a nice dinner and dessert (a delicious piece of homemade pecan cheesecake that Robin made) and then we played our favorite game, Apples to Apples. If you haven't played this game you should find one. It is very fun and each game only takes about 20 minutes to play. We learned last night that there are some fun variations to the game. During the game there was some of the usual sibling picking but it never got out of hand. This was a great blessing. Our son Sean is usually the dominant player but Crysta won a couple of games which made her happy.
After the game as we were getting ready to watch a movie together I received an instant message from Don an old friend (yeah I said old) of mine. It was good to hear from him, it had been a while. I met Don at my first job out of college. He and I were both computer operators. He was on the first shift and I was on the second. I thought he was pretty cool because he drove a 1978 Silver Anniversary Corvette (yeah....single), and he was very helpful to me in learning my job. I am very grateful to him. We have kept in contact over the years but it had been awhile since we'd spoken. My wife was gracious and let me converse with him for awhile.
After we finished talking it had gotten pretty late so Robin, Crysta, and I went upstairs to watch "The Maltese Falcon" with Humphrey Bogart and Sean got online to play XBox 360 Live. What a blessing to me when God gave me a family. I have not been very grateful for them and have taken them for granted more times than I know. I love them all and pray there are more evenings like the one last night.
God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home